The Chieftains — Paddy Maloney, Kevin Conneff and Matt Malloy — will bring their Irish music heritage to the University of Texas at Tyler's Cowan Center for a concert at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The trio is known for re-inventing traditional Irish music for contemporary and international audiences. The winners of six Grammy Awards, they blending traditional with modern music.
Switchback, a band performs Americana music and and Celtic soul, will open the show.
Tickets range from $57 to $77 and are available by calling 903-566-7424 going cowancenter.org.
Rhonda Vincent and the Rage: Bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent takes the stage 7 p.m. Wednesday at Liberty Hall, 103 E. Erwin St., Tyler. Tickets: $50. Information: libertytyler.com.
Pianist Brian Hsu: Concert pianist Dr. Brian Hsu will perform in a free recital 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, in Jean Browne Theatre on the TJC main campus. Hsu made his professional debut at age 16 with the Philadelphia Orchestra.
Ultimate Elvis Concert: Tribute artist Al Joslin performs as Elvis 7 p.m. Saturday at Liberty Hall, 103 E. Erwin St. Tickets: $25 to $32.50. Information: libertytyler.com.
St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys Concert: The St. Thomas Choir of Men & Boys performs a free concert at 7 p.m. Monday at First Presbyterian Church, 230 W. Rusk St., Tyler. Information: 903-597-6317, fpctyler.com.
WEEKEND MUSIC GUIDE
- Gary Patrick Band, 8 p.m., Rick’s on the Square, 104 W. Erwin St., rix.com.
- Heather Harper, 8 p.m., Dakotas Chophouse, 4803 Old Bullard Road, dakotasintyler.com.
- Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio,8 p.m., Stanley’s Famous Pit Bar-B-Q., 525 S. Beckham Ave., stanleysfamous.com.
- Tuxedo Cats, 7:30 p.m., Republic Icehouse, 3807 University Blvd., repblicicehouse.com.
- Josh Ward, 8 p.m., Cowboy’s, 8380 Paluxy Drive cowboystyler.com.
- Tyler Dudley Band, 9 p.m., Clicks Live,1946 ESE Loop 323, clicks.com/texas-tyler.
- 6 Miles to Mixon, 6 p.m., Fresh By Brookshire’s, 6991 Old Jacksonville Highway, freshbybrookshires.com
- Jonathan Webster, 8:30 p.m., ETX Brewery Co., 221 S. Broadway Ave., etxbrew.com.
- Brandon Nichols, 7:30 p.m., Central Station, Gladewater, gladewatercentral.com.
- Darren Morris Band, 8 p.m., Texas Music City Grill & Smokehouse, Lindale, texasmusiccity.net.
- Finding Shade, 8 p.m., Moore’s Store, Ben Wheeler, mooresstore.com.
- Jason Misenheimer, 7 p.m., Red Rooster Icehouse, Hawkins, redroostericehouse.com.
- Dale Sullivan & the Cool Heat Band, 8 p.m., The Back Porch, Gladewater, thebackporchkilgore.com.
- Big Daddy Band, 9 p.m., Rick’s on the Square, 104 W. Erwin St., rix.com.
- Matt Riker & the Nearly Brothers, 8 p.m., Dakotas Chophouse,4803 Old Bullard Road, dakotasintyler.com.
- Karisia Hernandez, 7 p.m., Lago del Pino, 14706 County Road 1134, lagodelpino.com.
- The Haggertys, 6 p.m., Fresh By Brookshire’s, 6991 Old Jacksonville Highway, freshbybrookshires.com
- King Richard & the Bayou Boys, 8:30 p.m., ETX Brewery Co., 221 S. Broadway Ave., etxbrew.com.
- Dereck Black, 9 p.m., Red Bull Saloon, Murchison, theredbullsaloon.webs.com.
- Max McCruiz, time p.m., Central Station, Gladewater, gladewatercentral.com.
- Bri Bagwell, 8 p.m., Texas Music City Grill & Smokehouse, Lindale, texasmusiccity.net.
- Max Stalling, 9 p.m., Moore’s Store, Ben Wheeler, mooresstore.com.
- Heather Lynn & the Deacons, time p.m., Red Rooster Icehouse, Hawkins, redroostericehouse.com.
- Southern Crossfire, 8 p.m., The Back Porch, Gladewater, thebackporchkilgore.com.