Five people have been displaced after a Tuesday night fire at a residence in Longview.
Fire crews responded to the blaze around 10:30 p.m. in the 600 block of Travis Avenue, according to Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary.
The five occupants had gotten out of the residence by the time fire crews arrived. The American Red Cross is assisting them.
Zackary said the fire started in the area of a wall-mounted electrical outlet before traveling up the wall and into the attic.
The fire damaged the attic and living area of the residence and caused about $50,000 in damage.