LISTEN TO THE MUSIC
THE DOOBIE BROTHERS helped create the soundtrack of the '70s. They’re back on tour playing their hits — “China Grove,” “Black Water,” “Listen to the Music” and “Long Train Running.”
- 7:30 p.m. - UT Tyler Cowan Center - $57 to $147
WHEN JOY IS HARD TO FIND
Tyler Civic Theatre takes on the story of Jewish children in a World War II concentration camp when it stages "I NEVER SAW ANOTHER BUTTERFLY" in performances through Jan. 14.
- 7:30 nightly, 2 p.m. Sunday matinee - 420 Rose Park Drive, Tyler - $18 regular, $15 students
THOSE GLASS SLIPPERS
A picked-on girl with a heart of gold, a fairy godmother, a pumpkin carriage and and the most famous glass slippers of all. “CINDERELLA” gets a razzle-dazzle Broadway update.
- 7:30 p.m. - UT Tyler Cowan Center - $37 to $77
DAME EVELYN GLENNIE is deaf but has mastered hundreds of percussion instruments by feeling their vibrations. She joins East Texas Symphony Orchestra in Higdon’s Percussion Concerto.
- 7:30 p.m. - UT Tyler Cowan Center - $16 to $62
Two feisty octogenarians share laughs as they fuss and reminisce in Tyler Civic Theatre’s version of the comedy “I’M NOT RAPPAPORT.” Performances run through Feb. 4 and then Feb. 8-11.
- 7:30 p.m., 2 p.m. Sunday matinees - 420 Rose Park Drive - $15 students
WHO SAYS TEA AND MURDER DON'T MIX
Monty Navarro will inherit a fortune if he can only figure out how to permanently get rid of his relatives. The musical “A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER” is big on laughs.
- 7:30 p.m. - UT Tyler Cowan Center - $42 to $67
GET ON THE JAZZ TRAIN
THE MANHATTAN TRANSER and TAKE SIX two of the world’s premier a cappella groups, show off amazing harmonies, innovative arrangements and funky grooves.
- 7:30 p.m. - LeTourneau University Belcher Center, Longview - $42 to $75
AFTERNOON OF WOODWIND CLASSICS
The STONE FORT WIND QUINTET, made up of Stephen F. Austin State University faculty, perform works for woodwinds, both old and new.
- 4 p.m. - Tyler First Presbyterian Church - free
MOZART AND BACH
Longview Symphony Orchestra is joined by clarinetist Chad Burrow in MOZART'S CLARINET CONCERTO and then presents Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto 3.
- 7 p.m. - LeTourneau University’s Belcher Center, Longview - $10 to $50
WHEN LEGENDS MEET
“MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET” imagines what happened when Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis were together in a recording studio. Who cares about accuracy as long as we get to hear their music.
- 7:30 p.m. - UT Tyler Cowan Center - $32 to $67
TYLER CIVIC CHORALE continues its milestone 50th anniversary season with its winter concert, “From Hollywood with Love.”
- 7 p.m. - Tyler First Presbyterian Church - $15 adults, $5 students
COMPLEXIONS dance troupe lets loose its inner wild child with a show that includes a tribute to David Bowie. Look for glam-rock costumes, a hip soundtrack and daredevil dancing.
- 7:30 p.m. - UT Tyler Cowan Center - $37 to 62