Here is a look at some individuals who delivered big performances during Week 1 of the high school football season in East Texas. Coaches, please send in nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also nominate for Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week.
Here is a look at some individuals who delivered big performances during Week 11 of the high school football season in East Texas.
Jamarion Miller, Tyler Lee:
- The sophomore rushed for 150 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries in the Red Raiders opening win over Marshall.
Elliott Davison, Tyler Lee:
- The Red Raider senior defensive back helped the defense step up, registering eight tackles and grabbing two interceptions, including one in the end zone.
Josh Olivares, Tyler Lee:
- Another key member of the Red “D”, the Lee junior linebacker recorded a sack, forced two fumbles, recovered two fumbles, pressured the Maverick QB three times and had four tackles.
Kitan Crawford, John Tyler:
- The Lion senior was all over the field, rushing for 125 yards and a touchdown on eight carries in JT’s 39-17 loss to Mesquite Horn. He also had three catches for 45 yards. He added three tackles and blocked an extra point.
Isaiah Johnson, John Tyler:
- The JT senior registered 12 tackles, had a tackle for loss and had a quarterback hurry.
Emmanuel Milton, Grace Community:
- The Cougar standout picked off two passes in his team’s 46-19 win over Canton.
Jeremiah Milton, Grace Community:
- The Cougar running back scored on runs of 5, 14 and 13 yards.
Russell Wynne, All Saints:
- The Trojans’ all-state kicker booted a 38-yard field goal and had an interception in his team’s 49-16 defeat.
Garrett Esposito, Bullard Brook Hill:
- The Guard QB connected on 11 of 26 passing attempts for 174 yards and a TD.
Jordan Jenkins, Lindale:
- The highly recruited junior running back had 98 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries in the Eagles’ 45-10 win over Kaufman.
Airik Williams, Lindale:
- The Eagle defender made it a no-fly zone for the Lions, picking off two passes. He also had a 30-yard TD reception.
Jaymond Jackson, Lindale:
- Another highly touted Eagle jumped on two fumbles.
Conner Boyette, Lindale:
- On the Lindale attack, Boyette had six catches for 94 yards and a TD.
Adrian Lacy, Chapel Hill:
- The Bulldog middle linebacker had five quarterback sacks and eight tackles to help his team pitch a shutout, 42-0 over Crandall.
Khalan Griffin, Chapel Hill:
- The standout CH running back and Rice University commit rushed for 158 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries. He also caught a 20-yard TD pass and had a kickoff return for 26 yards. He totaled 204 yards and three TDs in little over a half of playing time.
Tyshawn Taylor, Malik Cannon, Dakirin Buchanan, Kyas Moore and Haynes King, Longview:
- Taylor recorded 14 tackles, two sacks and three tackles for loss in the Lobos’ 24-21 win over Lufkin. Cannon added 10 tackles, a TFL and a pass breakup, and Buchanan broke up four passes. Moore caught seven passes for 103 yards, and King passed for 283 yards and rushed for 36 yards and a touchdown.
D.J. Freeman, Jayden Smith, Tyler Sheffield and Gabe Adams, Pine Tree:
- Freeman (130 yards), Smith (120 yards) and Sheffield (130 yards) all topped the century mark on the ground in the Pirates’ 47-30 win over Bullard. Freeman rushed for two TDS and threw a couple. Adams finished with five catches for 131 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Gage White and Tyrese Jones, Spring Hill:
- White passed for 182 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 54 yards in the Panthers’ loss to Gladewater. Jones caught four passes for 115 yards and two scores.
Zach Tyeskie, Gladewater:
- Tyeskie recorded 14 tackles, broke up a pass and had one tackle for loss in the Bears’ win over Spring Hill.
Tre Fulton, Hallsville:
- Fulton carried 32 times for 214 yards and scored twice in the Bobcats’ win over Terrell.
Donovan Adkins, Kilgore:
- Adkins recorded 10 tackles, an interception and two passes defended in the Bulldogs’ 17-14 win over Nacogdoches. He also caught a 17-yard touchdown pass.
- The Lions’ ‘D’ held Whitehouse to 70 total yards on 40 plays, including three yards on 14 snaps in the second half.
Mason Courtney, Carthage:
- Courtney rushed for 117 yards and a pair of touchdowns in the Bulldogs’ 48-0 win over Jacksonville.
Mason Hurt and Brandon Tennison, Gilmer:
- Hurt passed for 201 yards and three touchdowns, and Tennison caught two passes for 25 yards and added two touchdown runs in the Buckeyes’ win over Atlanta.
B.J. Stidham, Brent Warren, Bre’Den Ford and the Sabine offensive line:
- Stidham carried 25 times for 304 yards and two touchdowns, and Sabine rushed for more than 400 yards behind the line of L.J. Mitchell, Cameron Gray, Tristan Green, Asher Foster and Edson Lopez in a 34-3 win over Carlisle. Warren had 10 tackles and four tackles for loss, and Ford intercepted two passes.
Colton Cobb and Michael Stephens, White Oak:
- Cobb recorded 14 tackles, and Stephens added 12 tackles and a tackle for loss in the Roughnecks’ loss to Elysian Fields.
Jaylon Shelton, West Rusk:
- Shelton threw TD passes of 31 and 32 yards and also scored on runs of 6 and 11 yards in the Raiders’ 35-6 win over Arp.
Kellen Williams and Austin Procell, Union Grove: Williams rushed for 136 yards and two touchdowns, caught two passes for 62 yards and a TD and recorded five tackles on defense in the Lions’ 35-0 win over James
Vi’Darious High, Alto:
- High carried 24 times for 218 yards and a touchdown in the Yellowjackets’ 28-20 win over Palestine Westwood.
Cayle Irvin, Harmon West, Alto:
- The Mean Sting of Yellow Jacket defenders shut down Westwood. Irvin had 11 tackles, two TFL, a QB sack and a fumble caused with West also registering 11 tackles, 2 TFL and a caused fumble.
Tristen Shewmake, Bullard:
- Shewmake passed for 121 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 135 yards and two scores in a loss to Pine Tree.
Cooper Cates, Eustace:
- The Bulldog senior quarterback rushed for 204 yards and scored three touchdowns on 28 attempts to lead his team to a 29-14 victory over Lone Oak.
Chase Friedrich, Athens:
- The Hornet QB embraced the Harrell’s offensive attack, throwing for 203 yards and three touchdowns in his team’s 33-14 win over rival Brownsboro. He was 6 of 10 passing. He also rushed three times for 15 yards. Zac Harrell is the Athens head coach and his brother Clark is the offensive coordinator.
Jerquindon Taylor, Athens:
- This Hornet was swarming everywhere. He had seven touches for 215 yards and four touchdowns (4 catches for 169 yards, 3 TDs; 3 carries for 46 yards, TD).
Nick McGrew, Whitehouse:
- The senior had 12 tackles for the Wildcats in a 23-0 loss to Henderson. He also had a pass deflection, a caused fumble and a fumble recovery.
Bryce Smith, Grand Saline:
- Indian linebacker had 11 tackles, including two tackles for loss, in his team’s 58-24 win over Como-Pickton.