A Tyler firefighter suffered minor injuries this morning while battling a house fire.
Tyler Fire Marshal Paul Findley said the fire was called in about 4 a.m. at 2905 Gardner St. The initial call was received at 4:04 a.m. Six units responded to the single alarm fire.
Findley said the first arriving unit saw smoke present in the structure. Firefighters located the fire in the kitchen area and prevented any further spread.
"The kitchen area suffered heavy fire, smoke and water damage. Moderate smoke damage was noted throughout the rest of the structure," Findley said.
Findley said fire investigators have determined that the fire originated on the stove as a result of food being left unattended.
He said one firefighter suffered a minor knee injury while battling the blaze.