stock_flames

A Tyler residence sustained heavy flame damage after unattended food on the stove caused a fire Monday night.

City of Tyler Fire Marshal Paul Findley said the fire occurred at 909 Duckenfield Avenue at about 6:30 p.m. with a heavy amount of fire in the back side of the home.

He said the cause was unattended food on the stove that caught fire.

Firefighters contained the fire and the house is still standing, but it has significant flame damage. One man, who was at home at the time of the fire, injured himself while leaving his house but he did not have burns.

One other person lived at the home but they were not there. The Red Cross will be assisting the residents, Findley said.

Multimedia Journalist

I came to the Tyler Morning Telegraph in September 2019. I report on crime, courts, breaking news and various events in Tyler and East Texas.