The Tyler Public Library, in cooperation with the League of Women Voters and American Association of University Women, will host the Great Decisions program beginning Jan. 15.
Great Decisions is a national program offered through the Foreign Policy Association.
The first program this year will be "The Philippines and the U.S.," presented by Ed Santos. Santos is a physical therapist and a business partner in JBC Computers, who immigrated to Tyler from Manila.
The Great Decisions program has been a collaborative effort between the library, the League of Women Voters and AAUW for more than 20 years, said Debbie Taylor, vice president of voter services, for the League of Women Voters of Tyler/Smith County.
The other programs in the series this year are:
• Jan. 22: China's Road into Latin America, presented by Dr. Colin Snider
• Jan. 29: Climate Change and the Global Order, presented by Dr. Betsy Ott
• Feb. 5: Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking, presented by Dr. David Scott
• Feb. 12: U.S. Relations With the Northern Triangle, presented by Dr. Colin Snider
• Feb. 19: India and Pakistan, speaker to be announced
• Feb. 26: Red Sea Security, presented by Dr. John Barrett
• March 4: Artificial Intelligence and Data, presented by Dr. Robert Schumaker