The community is invited to help advocate for the revitalization of downtown Tyler through the creations of paper hearts to place on the façade of the historic downtown New York Store building.
Free public creation stations will be available leading up to Valentine's Day. Those unable to attend the creation stations are encouraged to design hearts and drop them off at Gallery Main Street. The size and design of the hearts are only limited by imagination.
On the morning of Feb. 14, the façade of the building will be covered in the hearts created over the week. There will be a public open house from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m at the New York Store, allowing the public to get a glance inside this historic building.
The current owner of the building, John O’Sullivan, will be present to share his vision for the property. After visiting the New York Store building, a public celebration reception with light refreshments is planned inside Callynth Photography studio.
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 6 -10 – Free Creation Station, Gallery Main Street, 110 W. Erwin St.
• 4 to 6 p.m. Feb. 9 – Free Creation Station, The Foundry Coffee House, 202 S. Broadway Ave.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 11 – Free Creation Station, Dory’s Gardens, 600 W. Rusk St.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 14 – Open House, New York Store, 101 N. Spring Ave.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 14 – Celebration Reception, Callynth Photography, 117 E. Erwin St.
Visit www.TylerHistoricPreservation.com for more information.
- City of Tyler