The University of Texas at Tyler announced 25 students have been awarded Southside Bank scholarships.
The UT Tyler Southside Bank Scholars program is designed for students enrolled for fall 2020 who have a financial hardship as a result of the pandemic. The University awarded 25 scholarships worth $1,000 each.
“We are thankful for our friends at Southside Bank for supporting our students in their time of need. This generosity exemplifies their commitment to the education of East Texas,” said Dr. Michael Tidwell, UT Tyler president.
Southside Bank scholars by hometown are:
- Alto – Eliza Prasai.
- Arp – Chelsea McDonald.
- Athens – Jackson Zimmerman.
- Chandler – Leslie Mendoza.
- Fruitvale– Laney Rush.
- Hallsville – Frances Lewis.
- Jacksonville – Chloie Devillier.
- Kilgore – Dustin Bell and Destynee Cordova.
- Lindale – Madeline Blaylock, Yesenia Lara and Brooklyn Moon.
- Lubbock – Kayley Poteet.
- Murphy – Keith Long.
- New Summerfield – Omar Arellano.
- Omaha– Dakota Lucas.
- Palestine – Bridget Kennedy and Sintia Montes.
- Pflugerville – Danielle Lacasse.
- Tenaha – Araceli Vazquez.
- Tyler – Andy Alvarado Mora, Kamryn Pilkinton, Luke Higginbotham, Dolores Freeze and Christopher George.
Southside Bank provides scholarships to students through the annual UT Tyler Southside Million Dollar Hole-in-One golf event.