The man charged with the 2018 shooting and killing of Bradley Brockman in a shopping center parking lot has refused a plea agreement. His case will likely go to a jury trial in September.

Kristian Perdomo appeared in the 114th District Court via a Zoom virtual meeting on Thursday for a scheduled announcement regarding a possible plea deal.

His defense attorney Brett Harrison said a plea agreement was previously submitted and withdrawn, and Perdomo informed him he wished to proceed to a jury trial.

Judge Christi Kennedy asked the prosecution and defense to submit preferred dates for the trial to begin, noting that jury trials have been suspended until August. She said his trial likely would be a September date, and will schedule pretrial proceedings for 10 days before.

Perdomo, 26, is charged with murder in connection with the death of Brockman, 45. In December 2018, Brockman was shot at the Westwood Shopping Center at South Southwest Loop 323 and Chandler Highway in Tyler. Perdomo was arrested soon after the shooting.

He remains in Smith County Jail where he has been since Dec. 16, 2018, on bonds totaling $2.25 million. He is also charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful carrying of a weapon.

Zak Wellerman contributed to this report.

Recommended For You


Cory is a multimedia journalist and member of the Education Writers Association, Criminal Justice Journalists and Investigative Reporters and Editors. He has appeared on The Murder Tapes, Crime Watch Daily and Grave Mysteries on Investigation Discovery.