Linda Gail Lewis, a singer and pianist who shares a love for the type of rockabilly music that her brother Jerry Lee Lewis is famous for, is set for a concert 7 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 7 in Liberty Hall, 103 E. Erwin St.
Linda Lewis, who toured with her brother for nearly two decades, now performs about 150 shows each year. She has said that she also is inspired by the music of Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline and Lavern Baker.
Singer/songwriter Ruthie Foster will be in concert 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Liberty Hall, 103 E. Erwin St.
Her repertoire includes music from gospel, blues, jazz, folk and soul genres. Her most recent album was the 2017 release "Joy Comes Back."
Tickets are available at libertytyler.com. As of earlier this week, only a few seats remained.
Beyond the Pale
Beyond the Pale, a group that performs folk music from the United States, Ireland and Europe, will be in concert 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Old Firehouse in Edom, 8241 Farm-to-Market 279 in Edom.
The quartet plays many instruments include fiddle, flute, accordion, guitar, hammered dulcimer, tin whistle, saxophone, harmonica, concertina, clarinet and mandolin.
Tickets are available at jeffreylancephotography.com.
The show is part of the venue's acoustic concert series.
UT Tyler, Trinity Valley Choirs
Choirs from the University of Texas at Tyler and Trinity Valley Community College will give a free concert at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Chapel of Saints Peter and Paul adjacent to T.K. Gorman Catholic School campus in Tyler.
The choirs include UT Tyler's Patriot Singers and Concert Chorale and TVCC's Cardinal Singers and Chamber Singers.
WEEKEND MUSIC GUIDE
Josh Weathers is set to perform Friday night at Stanley's Famous Pit Bar B-Q. (Courtesy)
- Josh Weathers, 8 p.m., Stanley's Famous Pit Bar-B-Q, 525 S. Beckham Ave.
- Clint Alford, 8 p.m., Dakotas Chophouse, 4803 Old Bullard Road
- Matt Castillo, 8 p.m., Texas Music City Grill & Smokehouse, Lindale
- Jenn Ford & the Wild Eyed Devils, 8 p.m., Moore's Store, Ben Wheeler
- Billie Jo, 8:30 p.m., ETX Brewing Co., 221 S. Broadway Ave.
- Gary Patrick, 8 p.m., The Back Porch, Kilgore
- Shae Abshier & The Nighthowlers, Trey Rose, 7 p.m., Cowboys, 8347 Paluxy Drive
- Trey Dillon, 8 p.m., Lago del Pino, 14706 County Road 1134
- Bobaflex, 7 p.m., Clicks Live, 1946 ESE Loop 323
- The Blacksmiths, 9 p.m., XL'N, 2109 E. Fifth St.
- Daniel Roca, 8 p.m., Dakotas Chophouse, 4803 Old Bullard Road
- South Austin Moonlighters, Fort Defiance, 8 p.m., Texas Music City Grill & Smokehouse, Lindale
- East Texas Jazz Orchestra, 7 p.m., Moore's Store, Ben Wheeler
- Jazz Connection, 8:30 p.m. ETX Brewing Co., 221 S. Broadway Ave.
- Dr Lopez, 9 p.m., Red Bull Saloon, Murchison
- Teazur, 8 p.m., The Back Porch, Kilgore