Jazz musician "Blue Lou" Marini will perform with Tyler Junior College jazz ensembles as part of the East Texas Symphony Orchestra Jazz Spectacular at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Liberty Hall, 103 E. Erwin St.
Marini, who plays saxophone, flute and clarinet, has been a member of Blood, Sweat & Tears, the Saturday Night Live Band and the Original Blues Brothers Band. He is heard on recordings with Eric Clapton, Aretha Franklin, Tony Bennett, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and the Rolling Stones, event organizers said.
Tickets are available at etso.org or at the door before the concert.
"Many of our students aspire to be professional musicians, so it’s a phenomenal opportunity for them to work side by side with the pros, learning from and performing with one of the best in the business," Heather Mensch, TJC jazz band director, said in a news release.
Country music star Josh Turner is scheduled to perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at LeTourneau University's Belcher Center in Longview.
Turner’s hits include "Your Man," "Why Don’t We Just Dance," "Firecracker," "Would You Go With Me," "All Over Me” and "Time Is Love."
Turner, who is known for his deep voice, has sold millions of albums dating back to 2013 with the release of "Long Black Train" up to his most recent, "Deep South."
To order tickets, go to belchercenter.com or call 903-233-3080.
VOICES OF FAITH
Voices of Faith, a large East Texas youth choir, gives a free concert at 7 p.m. Friday at First Presbyterian Church, 230 W. Rusk St.
ORGAN MUSIC RECITAL
Weston Jennings, the organist and music director at First Presbyterian Church, 230 W. Rusk St., gives a free recital 11 a.m. Saturday in the church sanctuary.
WEEKEND MUSIC GUIDE
- Jason Elmore, Anthony Riley, 8 p.m., Texas Music City Grill, Lindale
- Professor D and the Playschool, 8 p.m., Rick's on the Square, 104 W. Erwin St.
- Sabrina Toole, 8 p.m., Republic Icehouse, 3807 University Blvd.
- Max McCruiz, 7:30 p.m., Central Station, Gladewater
- Airline Road, 8 p.m., Moore's Store, Ben Wheeler
- Sweet Pain Rocks, 8 p.m., Back Porch, Kilgore
- The Groove, Slaves, 9 p.m., Clicks Live, 1946 ESE Loop 323
- Bradford Loomis, 8 p.m., Dakotas, 4803 Old Bullard Road
- Josh Ward, 8 p.m., Cowboy's, 8374 Paluxy Drive
- Josh Weather, Mando Salas, 8 p.m., Texas Music City Grill, Lindale
- Live 80, 9 p.m., Rick's on the Square, 104 W. Erwin St.
- Snake Bone, 9 p.m., XL'N, 2109 E. Fifth St.
- 6 Miles to Mixon, 7:30 p.m., Republic Icehouse, 3807 University Blvd.
- Riley Redding Band, 8 p.m., Red Rooster Icehouse, Hawkins
- Sean Berry, 8 p.m., Central Station, Gladewater
- Ben Lowery & Texas Express, 8 p.m., Moore's Store
- Dagnabbit Band, 8 p.m., Back Porch, Kilgore
- Tuxedo Cats, 8 p.m., Lago del Pino, 14706 CR 1134
- Whyd (and other bands) 9 p.m., Clicks Live, 1946 ESE Loop 323
- Matt Raker & the Nearly Brothers, 8 p.m., Dakotas, 4803 Old Bullard Road
- Heather Little & More, 8 p.m., Big Sandy Music Hall, Big Sandy
- Mammoth Indigo (and other bands), 8 p.m., Stanley's, 525 S. Beckham Ave.