Fritz Hager III, 22, of Tyler, is competing on "American Idol" for a spot in the final 3.
He has loved music all his life, but his passion for musical theater first began in high school, according to his parents. After high school and a semester of college, Hager came back home to Tyler and got involved with the Tyler Civic Theatre.
Ahead of Sunday's watch party at the theatre to support Hager, take a look back at photos of Hager's theatre performances over the years.
- WATCH: Tyler man Fritz Hager III's performances on 'American Idol'
- Parents of Tyler's Fritz Hager III reflect on son's journey to 'American Idol'
- Tyler man Fritz Hager III's album tops iTunes pop charts at No. 1, No. 7 in all genres
- Tyler's Fritz Hager III, 'American Idol' top 7 contestant tests positive for COVID-19
- Tyler's Fritz Hager III voted into 'American Idol' Top 5 after performing two original songs
- 'American Idol' contestant, Tyler resident Fritz Hager III quits job to pursue music
- Broadway stars send greetings to Tyler's 'Newsies'
- Tyler native headed to Hollywood for 'American Idol' after receiving golden ticket
- Robert E. Lee theatre to host encore performance of UIL bi-district winning One Act Play
- Robert E. Lee senior Fritz Hager III named National Endowment for the Arts finalist
- Tyler Civic Theatre to host 'American Idol' watch party for Fritz Hager III
- 'American Idol' contestant, Tyler man Fritz Hager III releases new song
- Tyler community rallying for Fritz Hager III as he competes for spot in final 3 on 'American Idol'
- Tyler's Fritz Hager III eliminated from 'American Idol'
- Community gathers in support of local 'American Idol' contestant Fritz Hager III