Bill and Linda Cook watched helplessly as 21 years of memories burned. Their brick home of more than two decades on County Road 314 caught fire about 1 p.m. Saturday.
Their family was all accounted for and looking on as firefighters pumped water onto the flames.
“We got out with the clothes on our back,” she said. “It’s a total loss.”
The home was insured, but Mrs. Cook shook her head at the magnitude of the loss. Some things, such as family heirlooms and photo albums, are irreplaceable.
By 1:55 p.m. family friends and neighbors began gathering to offer “anything you need.”
Cook asked for prayers and said he and his family likely will rely on friends and church family at Church of Living Hope as they cope.
“There are a lot of memories in that house but everybody is out and that’s all that matters,” he said.