Stove catches fire in home, structure saved
BY FAITH HARPER
A structure fire Tuesday in the 20000 block of County Road 150 was the result of a stove that caught fire, a firefighter said.
Cory Thatcher, a firefighter with the Flint-Gresham Fire Department, said there was minor fire damage and some damage to the kitchen, but the home was saved.
Several Smith County fire departments responded to the blaze, including Flint-Gresham, Whitehouse and Noonday. The call came in at 5:03 p.m. Tuesday.
It was not clear whether anyone was home at the time of the fire.