Goodman-LeGrand House to be featured
Patricia Heaton, museum director/curator of the 1859 Goodman-LeGrand House & Museum, will be featured on this week’s Tyler Chamber Radio show.
The museum has been a Texas Historic Landmark since 1964, and the first property in Smith County to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Goodman-LeGrand Museum is open for walk-ins during normal hours of operation. It is free, but a $2 donation per person is appreciated. Tour groups, photographic sessions, meetings, weddings and other functions must be scheduled in advance. The museum, at 624 N. Broadway Ave., is holding a special Christmas event and can be reached at 903-531-1286.
Businesses on the 30-minute show include Ken Koop, owner of Superior Roofing & Gutters; Chip Jones, president of Trinity Design & Construction; and Audra Whitton, administrator, and Melonie Leach, assistant administrator of Exceptional Home Care Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce Chief Operating Officer Henry Bell will also be on the show.